Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dollar Store Project

I saw this cute and cheap idea HERE and it reminded me of THIS old project I did a while ago.
I went to my dollar store and bought these beauties. I was bummed that they did not have the jars with the lids on them, but I was only spending $1, so was trying not to be picky.
Glued them all together and added ribbon.
The eyeball candy and candy corn were from the Dollar Store too. So the total for this project was $8!!!
Not having the lids on these things makes it a little too easy for little (and big) hands to constantly reach in. :)
It will be easy to switch the ribbon out for each holiday and be able to use them all the time. How cute and cheap would these be to use for those "candy bars" that everyone is doing for parties lately?! I am now on a mission to find jars with lids to add to my collection...but I am determined to find them for $1.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Denise said...

CUte! That candy wouldn't last a day in my house.

Momofgirls said...

I hope this current blogging means that you are finished with your JOB! On to "more important" things, like posting tons of sweet pictures of those "Hog" boys and ideas for ME!!!
This weekend I am having a shower for Jenn, wish wish wish you were here to help me!

*look at the thrift stores for jars with lids...that's where I scored mine!

I will SEE you in 21 daysssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Hanarie123 said...

I love this idea and want to try it out as well. What kind of glue did you use to glue the candle holder and glass vase?