I should be embarrassed to post this since it will probably make me look like a horrible mother. But this is my cry for help and I hope someone out there will have some advice. I know it is somewhat normal for babies to bite on the rails of their crib a little bit, but this cannot be NORMAL...
I know...it is horrible!!! I can only imagine the splinters in his mouth and stomach, not to mention that this was a BRAND NEW crib! Ahhhh. I honestly don't know when he is doing this. I have tried to listen and check when he is napping, but there is no activity. He must be waking up in the middle of the night and sneaking a little chew.
Unfortunately his bed is an odd shape and I don't think they make those rail covers for it. If I don't figure something out soon he is going to widle that bed down to some match sticks. HELP!
Funny post! My crib has all sort of bite marks in it. I love it though--it adds character and memories of my babies!
ALso, I have been meaning to comment on your other posts too!
Nice family pictures. I like the black and white one of you all siting on some steps. I think it is toward the end of your post!
And--LOVE the Halloween party! LOVE your family tradition too! Keep it forever.
Also, I just realized the other day that Elizabeth's mom was a substitute teacher at LCA. Funny story (sorry to share it in your comments section)anyway, a few weeks ago at church I was standing at the information booth talking to this older couple. They were really hip and cool and all a sudden the man said, "I think I've met you before." I told him I didn't think so and he said,"yes, I have, you're Noel's friend. You were in her wedding." I was like "WHAT?" Anyway, long story short--it was Elizabeth's parents. FUNNY!
I'm LOL!!! Seriously, that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!! I have never seen bite marks like that...are his teeth really sharp? I was going to say to get some crib guards, but then you wrote that it's a weird shape. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe a big boy bed is in his near future:)
Okay, first of all, adorable picture of sweet little Colton! Now, I'm being totally serious- what if you rubbed apple cider vinegar all over the areas he bites on?? (might be a tad bit stinky!) When Peyton was younger, when she would get sassy with me, I'd make her swallow a spoonful of that stuff! It is so nasty tasting, but totally harmless. And when we still had Pudge, I used a bitter apple spray that is a taste deterrent for dogs. Certainly they must have something like that for children, right????
5 comments:
Funny post! My crib has all sort of bite marks in it. I love it though--it adds character and memories of my babies!
ALso, I have been meaning to comment on your other posts too!
Nice family pictures. I like the black and white one of you all siting on some steps. I think it is toward the end of your post!
And--LOVE the Halloween party! LOVE your family tradition too! Keep it forever.
Also, I just realized the other day that Elizabeth's mom was a substitute teacher at LCA. Funny story (sorry to share it in your comments section)anyway, a few weeks ago at church I was standing at the information booth talking to this older couple. They were really hip and cool and all a sudden the man said, "I think I've met you before." I told him I didn't think so and he said,"yes, I have, you're Noel's friend. You were in her wedding." I was like "WHAT?" Anyway, long story short--it was Elizabeth's parents. FUNNY!
I'm LOL!!! Seriously, that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!! I have never seen bite marks like that...are his teeth really sharp? I was going to say to get some crib guards, but then you wrote that it's a weird shape. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe a big boy bed is in his near future:)
Okay, first of all, adorable picture of sweet little Colton! Now, I'm being totally serious- what if you rubbed apple cider vinegar all over the areas he bites on?? (might be a tad bit stinky!) When Peyton was younger, when she would get sassy with me, I'd make her swallow a spoonful of that stuff! It is so nasty tasting, but totally harmless. And when we still had Pudge, I used a bitter apple spray that is a taste deterrent for dogs. Certainly they must have something like that for children, right????
This is hilarious and I love the title of your post. I can just picture him "getting some chew in" during the night. haha!
Love your family pics too. You have a beautiful family!
Poor baby is HUNGRY!
Come to Inger, Colton...I will sneak you some cake at the wedding!
LOVE those family pictures! You are so gorgeous!
See you next week!!!
Post a Comment