Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baseball and The Lego Destroyer

BASEBALL HAS STARTED FOR ADAM AND I AM SO EXCITED (slight sarcasm) I really love my children dearly and I want to support them in all their future extra-curricular activities. But I don't think I was cut out to be a "sports mom". I grew up in a house full of girls and we were not a real athletic family, so I don't even know the basic fundamentals of the games. I think they should have these games last a maximum of 30 minutes! I mean some of them go on for and hour and a half. It is exciting when Adam is up to bat, but the other times can be like watching paint dry...really gooey paint that dries slower than the normal kind. :) While I know my lack of enthusiasm for my children's sports is not the best thing to portray, there seems to be parents that are on the completely opposite side. I mean there are parents who really think these kids are playing in the major leagues (my husband might be one of them) Some of these parents will yell and scream (to clarify, my husband does not yell and scream) and jump all over the place. WOW! Is there something wrong with me? Something wrong with them? This is Adam turning around and telling me to STOP taking his picture. He told me later I was "really embarrassing him!"
Adam really is a pretty good player, so I think I better get used to all this because I probably have many, many more games over the years with my 2 boys.
And now, let me introduce you to the sneaky Lego destroyer.
Adam has a shelf in his room where he proudly displays all his legos. He is a freak about this shelf. If I dust it, he gets all nervous and upset that I am going to break them or put them in the wrong place. If his little cousin Colin comes over, Adam instantly shuts his door and reminds Colin NOT to touch his Legos. Everyone knows that the shelf is off limits.
Well, little does Adam know that while he is at school, Colton always seems to find his way into Adams room and go straight for the Legos. How does Colton know that those are the one "special" thing in that room that he should not touch? Anytime I realize Colton has been really quiet for a few minutes, I know exactly where he is. This kid makes me laugh.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Dolly said...

I don't understand how parents get SO INTO kids sports either. I mean, I'm all about cheering someone on but there is def a balance.
And Colton is getting so big Nikki! He's so adorable and I see you in him big time. It's so funny how babies know to go to the things they aren't supposed to.