Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ugly Christmas Sweater

Look who is almost 5 months old and sitting in his Bumbo!
Last night was the first basketball game of the season for the Brookville Bees. Adam and Colton dressed up in their Bees gear and we all headed out for the game.
Bees #1 & #2 Fans!
___________________________________________________________________
I have been a little MIA in the blog world lately because I went back to work last week and have been trying to adjust to a new and crazy schedule. We had our Christmas party at work today and the theme was an ugly Christmas sweater party. This picture was sent out by a co worker a few days ago to get everyone excited.
I just love this picture and have looked at it several times this week when I needed a good laugh! :)
Here I am with my parents at the party. I think they missed the memo about the sweater and just chose to dress up like crazy Christmas people.
My BIL dressed like Cousin Eddie from National Lampoons. You cant tell in the picture, but he had a real nice Dickie on!

Me, April & Nikki wearing unplanned, matching Christmas vests!
Do you think my mom is going to kill me for posting this picture????
And the winner of the ugly Christmas sweater Contest is.....
None other than JD's hubby and my boss, Dave (left) He had layered 2 of Julie's old sweaters. The one underneath was the best, but I didn't get a good picture.

**If you own and wear any of the sweaters pictured, I hope you are not offended that they were part of an ugly sweater contest...sorry!** :)



Photobucket

4 comments:

Dolly said...

okay, first things first. I can't believe Colton can FINALLY use his bumboo as you would call it. I know you were excited to pull it out. He's so cute Nikki and he's getting so big so fast!
Love the crazy sweater party idea. So fun! I am laughing that Dave won with Julie's sweaters on. He really went all out although I thought the sweater on the guy next to him was pretty creative! Looks like ya'll had fun.

jday said...

Okay, it looks like Colton will be needing the highchair cover I need to give you!!!

I love their bee gear! Way to make a daddy proud!

And speaking of being proud...oh, yes, a man in his wife's sewing sweater does make one proud!!

So funny that all 3 of you had those vests! Lookin' good, girls!!

Donna said...

Thanks a lot, Nikki. I'm wearing that sweater vest as I type! Just kidding:) Remember when we used to all wear our Christmas sweaters proudly to school? Better yet, we used to have Christmas sweatshirt making parties where we'd decorate them with puffy paint! We even got fake keds to decorate to match the sweatshirts and Denise had the clever idea of stringing ribbon through the shoelace holes! Genius!!

Love the sweater party idea, too! Dave is hilarious:) Colton is so sweet. I love the Bee outfits. I know Mark was proud of his boys:)

It's a Mom Thing said...

Those are some great pics! My husband is a college minister and we have an Ugliest CHristmas Sweater contest for our College Christmas Party each year. It is hilarious and those college kids really go all out! I've also seen some funny sweater photos on Awkward Family Photos website.