Friday, December 18, 2009

Crafting Finale


I will be taking a long break from crafting for a while. Going back to the old 9 to 5 is not going to leave me as much time to craft...I am sure Michaels and AC Moore will miss me and my money. :0 This blog will probably be turning back into a regular old scrapbook for our family memories which may not interest you anymore. I will leave you with these last few Christmas crafts as my grand finale. :)
You may remember the Pleated Poppy Family Rules and then I made my own version here. Well, I decided to make a Christmas version.
Same steps as the family rules, but I added my favorite Christmas sayings and songs.
Merry Christmas - Happy Birthday Jesus - Peace On Earth - We Believe in Santa - O Holy Night - Joy to the World - Let it Snow - Wisemen Still Seek Him - Feliz Navidad - Christmas was Meant to Change the World!__________________________________________

Next up is a Christmas countdown block. I first saw the idea here and then I found this kit here. I purchased the blank kit for $8.50. It came with the blocks and vinyl numbers and words. All I needed was scrapbook paper and mod podge (and you know I have plenty of that). The Scribble It website did not specify the size of the blocks but in my mind I imagined little blocks like the ones babies play with. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived because they were really big. (3.5 inch blocks)

Obviously you could buy and cut your own wood for this project. But the price on this kit is really good and in my opinion well worth saving yourself the trouble of buying and cutting the wood. And finally, I saw these photo blocks at Little Birdie. LOVE THEM!

You could buy a big piece of wood and cut it down for a bunch of blocks, but I just ordered some from Scribble It (when on their site scroll down to the personal photo kit)because they were only $2.50. I used the 5x5 size and followed the super easy directions from here.



1 comment:

Dolly said...

I love ALL of these items. I'm just mad at myself for not planning and buying the supplies a head of time so I could try them during this snow storm! I have yet to try the family rules canvas that you did a while back and want to do that soon!
You're so creative!!!