Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day In The Second Grade

Today was the first day of school for Adam! As I was typing the title for this post I had to stop and remind myself that Adam really is in the second grade this year! It just doesn't seem possible that he is old enough for the second grade. Where has the time gone? He picked his entire outfit (not my personal first choice, but I didnt fight it) and also insisted on getting a messenger style book bag this year. He must have seen one somewhere and thought it was cool?
Adam was worried about leaving Colton all day. I guess he doesn't have much confidence in me being alone with his baby brother.
Colton was obviously excited about the big first day of school. He slept through the whole goodbye.
I had a gift for Adams teacher and it was all wrapped up in a pretty bag. When I told Adam he needed to carry it in to his teacher he got all upset. He literally got teary eyed and told me it was "really embarrassing" to carry the gift through the school hallway. I felt so bad for him. I had these visions of the school bully picking on him and beating him up because he was carrying a pink gift bag in the hallways. So, I parked the car...got Colton out of his car seat...and walked the gift to the teacher myself. I think this was equally embarrassing for Adam and he was probably wishing he would have just carried the bag himself. This also gave me the opportunity to embarrass Adam even more by getting his picture with his new teacher.

Doesn't she look so cute and cheery in her bright yellow skirt! And here is what she got in her gift bag...
Post It Note Holder - She got the purple one.

And a decoupaged clip board. This is a picture of one I made for myself. I put her name on hers, but forgot to get a picture.
_____________________________________________

After we left Adam's school, we headed over to LU. Today was the first day of classes and my Dad was the guest speaker for the first convo of the school year along with Children of the World!
Colton and Prava during the concert. It is funny how every little noise at home will wake Colton up, but he slept like a baby through the LOUD music at the concert.

Colton and the COTW team. You can hardly see little Colton in the middle of all these cute kids. Lastly, I wanted to address that we have realized that Colton is a genius and exceptionally gifted! Just kidding people! Actually, he has been rolling over since he was 2 weeks. I am serious, he really has. I have tried to get it on video several times but I always miss it. It is crazy to watch because he looks so little to be doing it. I am going to keep trying to get it on video because I know you all think I am lying. He also started smiling this weekend. I tried to get it on camera, but this is all that turned out because I was trying to get him to smile and then take the picture too...and...well...I cant do 2 things at once.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Denise said...

Look at you making teacher gifts for the first day of school. I'll be lucky to get my kiddos out the door on time. You,Inger and Julie are some special girlies, Elizabeth too!

Okay, as always your boys are so cute! And we must have just missed each other at LU today. I was there for a bit too. I was at North Campus.

Dolly said...

Your boys are both SO CUTE Nikki! THe picture of Adam and his teacher make me laugh. Adam does not seem amused! hahah!
I can't believe Colton is already rolling over. That boy must have some good ab muscles already! He's such a handsome little guy!

Rose said...

yeah, yeah, sure he is rolling over! Just Kidding! Wow! He is a genius. He is adorable. And adam reminds me of Jack. He thinks its sissy to bring cute bags to school and stuffs them inhis backpack and then its all crumpled up...

Elizabeth said...

Seriously Nik, rolling over this soon is somethin'! I think we have ourselves an athlete...

Love the pics of Adam and you're a-ma-zing to get those gifts together for the teachers...nice.

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Nikki, Adam looks SO much like YOU! Cute pics. I enjoy reading your blog from time to time. Jenny needs to start keeping one again! Really cute teacher gifts. I'll have to remember those!

jday said...

I see that Adam is still not really wanting to smile for pictures! Tell him that he is still handsome! You just gotta love the outfits that they pick out themselves.

Adam's teacher looks like a very nice young lady. ;)

Very sweet pics of Colton. He looks like such a peaceful, quiet child...

Happy Four said...

The photographs are super. Adam's teacher looks very nice and the gifts you made put me to shame.

Your boys certainly are good looking.

Jennifer said...

Ha Ha...just finished a post about Max's 1st day of school and then I come over here and see you did one too. Oh well, great minds think alike!

That Adam is so handsome. Seriously, those eyes are piercing...watch out ladies! I'm laughing about the messenger bag...I wonder where he saw those...too funny. And Colton...what a doll. I love the picture of him in the middle of all those children. So cute!

Cute, cute gift you made for his teacher...thanks for making me feel guilty. :)

Donna said...

I thought I commented, but didn't! That's what happens when posts are emailed to me. I read them and don't follow the link to comment!!

Anyway, cute post. I've enjoyed reading about everyone's children's first days of school. I loved the story about Adam not wanting to bring the gifts in. And then you walked them in! LOL! At least you got the pic of him and his teacher:) And the gifts you made are great. I bet teachers love seeing Adam's name on their rosters because they know they have a good gift giver in their class.

I'm sorry but Colton is ADORABLE! He looks like the most easy going baby ever!

Kristi Smalley said...

You are just the craftiest thing. You need to keep those ideas coming b/c I have referenced back to your blog several times for gifts.

Colton is just beautiful. That head of hair just kills me. Boys get so embarrassed when it comes to being sweet to their teachers. Mine are the same way. I'm glad he had a good first day.

Momofgirls said...

SUPER cute gift for a SUPER cute teacher!!

Those "Hog boys" are a-dor-a-ble!! Even covered in projectile vomit! It is freakish when they do that, huh?

Can't wait to SEE you soon!!