Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pottery Fun

I finished my last day of work last week and I am trying to get used to having so much time on my hands. It is a very weird adjustment, but I think I can get used to it! :) I know having all this time will be changing very soon, so I am trying to make the most of it by taking a nap everyday and also trying to do some special things with Adam before his world as an only child is turned upside down.
Adam has been wanting to paint pottery for over a year now and I kept putting him off. So I decided to take him to All Fired Up today.
I can be a little controlling at times, so I told myself before we went in that this was for Adam and I was going to let him choose whatever he wanted, even if I didn't think it was best and I was also going to let him choose his own colors without giving my unwanted input. He insisted on this fish plate and I will tell you it took everything I had to resist telling him to choose something else.
I think he chose some good colors for the fish. He didn't need any suggestions from me.

I couldn't resist doing my own project. I painted a coffee mug.
Here we are with our finished projects. They still have to be fired and they said the colors will look alot different when the are finished. Cant wait to see the final product and also see what Adam has in mind for the fish plate. He said he wants to hang it on his wall...we will see.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Dolly said...

That's really nice that you're spending some QT with Adam before Colton gets here. I love his fish plate and am laughing that he wants to put it on his wall. Very cute! He looks so proud in the last picture!

I've wanted to try that place out and will have to go sometime. Hope you're feeling good Nikki!

jday said...

I guess Adam is over his -not wanting to smile- phase because in that last picture is one happy boy! Isn't it relaxing to just sit there and paint?? Cute coffee mug!

Donna said...

That sounds like a fun little outing! I'll have to try that sometime with Caroline. That fish plate makes me laugh!! He did a good job and the final picture looks like it has pepperonis all over it:) The coffee mug is cute, too!

GOod for you for doing fun things with him before Colton gets here. You and Adam will always remember that.

Nikki said...

Julie - funny thing about the last picture and his smile. My mom was with us and was taking the picture and he was giving his usual serious face. So I said "You better smile or I am going to smash your fish on the ground"...joking of course... Then he started laughing and my mom snapper the picture.

Elizabeth said...

Nikki, Good way to get your kid to smile! I like...

What a fun outing and I'd like to check that place out. Wonder if G is old enough now?

Love your mug! Can't wait to see baby C!!!! (Try to have him before I go to the beach the last week of July, ok? Thanks. )