Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

We had a great time celebrating the 4th all weekend. On Friday, we went to my sisters lake house. This is Adams favorite place to be. He calls it "our" lake house.
The neighbors got this trampoline that floats on the water and told the kids they could use it too. Adam LOVED it!
Look at my cute brother. He is a mess. He kept us laughing all weekend. Like when we went out to grab dinner and he "forgot his wallet"...good one!
OK, I want you to look at the 2 pictures below and tell me what you would think this is.

Everyone has enjoyed a good laugh at my expense because when I first got on the boat last summer I said "Why is there a toilet on this boat? Who would just sit in the open and go to the bathroom on the front of a boat?" Evidently it is a cooler to keep your drinks in. come on people...you must admit it looks just like a toilet!
The Big Lots pirate ship made a comeback. Best $7 Pat ever spent. The boys play in it forever. This time they took it out in the open sea. I bought a big tube and floated around the lake with my belly stuck down in the middle of the tube. I am sure it was a sight for my poor family to have to look at, but it felt good. The tube had the words "RIVER RAT" written all over it. It was the only tube Wal Mart had so I didnt have a choice. But you can imagine how much everyone enjoyed teasing me and calling me the River Rat. Fortunately for you, there are no pictures.
Adam caught a fish. Although he is not to excited about having to hold it.
The night ended with some sparklers...what could be better?
On Saturday we spent some more time at the lake and then headed back into town to meet extended family for dinner. Paw Paw (my grandpa) was in town from Colorado. Check out his festive shirt.
Paw Paw always has a cowboy hat on...he is a Texan and proud of it!
Mark and the swollen pregnant lady. I was so hot and could literally feel myself swelling up by the second.
They served these cute desserts and I had to get a picture. The hamburger is a cupcake and the hot dog is a twinkie decorated with icing. TOO CUTE. I will file this one away for a future project.
Another night ended with sparklers. Adam burned his finger of course. He literally burns his finger every year because he grabs the end of the sparkler when it burns out...EVERY YEAR PEOPLE!
There were also fireworks involved, but I am petrified of fireworks and had to hide in the car for the big event (no joke). So there are no pictures of that.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! You're posting about the 4th already!! You're on the ball!! It looks like your whole family had a fun weekend. I thought that was a potty, too, on the boat...FUNNY! That hamburger and hotdog was cute. I loved the presentation with the red/white paper.

Nikki, you look great! I can't believe your little guy will be here in a few weeks. This pregnancy has flown by!

Dolly said...

So much to comment on. I'm LOL at the cooler on the boat because I thought it was a potty too! I guess you could always use it for a potty....GROSS!

Adam looks adorable and like he was having a great time. You and Mark look great and very festive. Speaking of festive...your grandfather is adorable in his American get up. He looks like a real cowboy.

We were at Julie and Winnie's dock yesterday too. Too bad we didn't see you guys.

Deb said...

1st time to visit your great blog...really nice. Cute pictures!!

You look soooooo good, not swollen or anything.

I couldn't help but laugh about Adam burning his fingers with the sparklers.

Can't wait to see how his fish turns out.

You did such a cute job on the nursery. Everything you do in your house is always so organized and put together. Looks great.