Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Quick Trip To Baltimore

We took a quick trip to Baltimore yesterday. We had to take these sweet girls from the Children of the World Choir to the airport so they could fly back to Guatemala.
We decided to spend the night and enjoy our last fun family get away with just the 3 of us before Colton comes along. We crammed alot of sight seeing into a few hours. First we went to the Inner Harbor and Adam enjoyed seeing all the old ships and submarines there.
Then we decided to give these cute dragon paddle boats a try.
Immediately after I took the picture above I went to get in the boat with the boys. Adam started to panic and was hanging on to me and trying to figure out the best place for me to sit (front or back) We asked him what was wrong and he said "I am afraid mommy is going to fall out and she will just sink to the bottom". Obviously he was innocently referring to the fact that I am so HUGE I would just sink to the bottom. The guy helping us with the boat found this comment very funny and I could tell he wanted to laugh but thought my feelings would be hurt. Mark and I started laughing so hard. That sweet moment was really a boost to my ego!
Me and Adam in the boat...he is obviously still concerned. He probably thought I was going to sink the whole boat.
We went to the Orioles/Mets game that night. Adam was so excited and could not believe how big the stadium was.
Of course we got suckered into buying all the souvenirs. Did Adam really need this Orioles lunch box???
Me and Adam as we were leaving the game. I have no idea why he looks so depressed in this picture?
And the best part was that we stopped at a IKEA on the way home today. You know I was excited. I didn't buy alot, but I just love that place.



Photobucket

6 comments:

Denise said...

Nikki--I love this post! I am so happy that you had some family time with just the 3 of you before the wee baby gets here. It looks like you had so much fun!

Adam is SUCH a sweet boy. He just loves his momma and wants to make sure you are taken care of. What a good little man you have there! You are one lucky lady to be the only lady in a family of soon to be 3 men!

jday said...

In that last picture, Adam looks like you just spanked his hiney or something!

I'm sure that was a fun trip even though it was quick.

Dolly said...

Cute post! I love the Inner Harbor and I love Adam's sweet heart. He DOES love his momma and I love his faces in the pictures. I can't believe Colton will be here so soon. You look great too by the way!

Donna said...

I love the inner harbor, too! IT's so relaxing and fun! I'm glad you were all able to spend the day there toghether. How cute that Adam was so worried about you. Bless his heart!!

Love the Orioles lunch box:)

Happy Four said...

Nikki, what a great post and the photographs are super. Adam sounds like such a wonderful boy who is concerned for you and baby Colton. So glad you had some time in Baltimore..you got a lot in during your visit - great memories and fabulous photographs!

Praying for you and the baby.

Elizabeth said...

One of the funniest ones yet....I think. Not wanting you to sink...awwwww.....

Love his serious faces. All man.