Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sometimes it is better to RECEIVE than to give!

I love to give gifts. It makes me happy and I honestly do believe it is better to give than to receive. But today, I had some wonderful surprises delivered and I am thinking maybe it is better to receive! :)
First of all, I had a knock on my door and saw a Edible Arrangements delivery car in my driveway. The first thing that came to mind was that they must need directions to another house. I was shocked when she said she had a delivery for me! "WHAT? Are you sure?"...It seems our blog shower guest of honor, Denise, sent me the following goodies for hosting the blog shower. Honestly, I feel guilty for accepting this gift because I really have not done anything for this shower. It has been the easiest shower I have ever hosted. I didnt even have to clean my house!
Cute little bag it was delivered in
This beautifully packaged box was inside
Then...the best part...Chocolate covered Strawberries & Apples! Oh my gosh! Can I just tell you how good these things are. I think Mark was just as excited as I was! THANK YOU so much Denise. You did not have to do this, but I sure am glad you did! Cant wait for the shower.

Then if that was not enough, my mail arrived. There was a nice big package from my good friend Jaime. I could not believe my luck today. Inside was something I have been wanting for so long. I have been green with envy every time I would see other people carrying these adorable purses (like Dawn R). I cant believe I actually have one of my own! how did you know Jaime? You are so sweet and such a wonderful friend! I miss you so much!
And for my blogging friends who dont know Jaime (she doesnt have a blog, but I am working on her. She is hillarious and would be such a good blogger). Jaime used to live in Lynchburg and worked with me at World Help (while her husband was a kicker for Liberty's football team and later also came to work at World Help). She had a surprise pregnancy and since they did not have any family close by, I jumped in and assumed the role of her mother/sister/friend and bossed her around for her entire pregnancy. Telling her what to eat, how to take care of herself, what she needed to get and what to expect. I am sure she wanted to smack me. I was honored and shocked when she asked me to be in the delivery room with her when she had her sweet baby girl. It was a special day and I will never forget the experience. So many funny stories I will save for another time. Shortly after Addyson was born, they decided to move back home to Mississippi so they could be closer to family. I had become so close with Jaime & Baby Addyson, it was hard to see them go. Here is a recent picture Jaime sent me of Addyson wearing a pillowcase dress I made for her. Isnt she the cutest thing?!
Denise and Jaime, I have had a very stressfull and difficult week (I wont bore you with the details) But let me tell you that you both made me feel special today and put a smile on my face. Thank you so much! It could not have been better timing.
Photobucket

9 comments:

jday said...

Denise, you are so sweet and thoughtful!

I love the fabric you used for the dress...so cute! And I've seen those bags all over G-boro and love them! I saw one with red handles and another with teal blue.

Jaime, ADORABLE picture of Addyson!

Leah said...

what a nice day for you! those chocolate covered apples and strawberries look delicious. the bag is adorable and the dress you made...so cute!

Dolly said...

Don't you just love getting unexpected things in the mail? you deserve it Nikki...a stressful week, hosting a blog shower and getting favors out to everyone in the mail. You're a good friend!

Love your bag and Addison is A-Dorable! I need to get working on my post so I can just publish it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Momofgirls said...

Yeah for unexpected surprises! I am so glad you were blessed this week Nikki, God puts people on our hearts and when we act on it it always equals blessing!

Thanks for YOUR generosity, and Denise..nice choice for a surprise!!

I hope you do a tutorial on how to make the pillowcase dresses..I might be able to handle those....

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. That Denise and what a Punkin that Addyson is! Can't wait till tomorrow. Denise, do you have butterflies?!?!! At least you don't have to have a wardrobe crisis in the morning. :)

Denise said...

Nikki, wow, love the post. I am happy that you had a few pick me ups today. You do deserve it after having a tough week.

Is this Jamie, the Jamie that worked at World Help and was on Team India one year?

Love the bag. (Funny how you mentioned Dawn R!)

Baby Addyson is a cutie! Love the dress too, I think that is just like the one you made Margaux. I need to look in her closet.

Yes, I am excited about tomorrow. Hmmmm, what to wear to my shower?

Kristi Smalley said...

Nikki, I got my package in the mail today. Yeah!!!

Your pillowcase dresses are ADORABLE!!! How much do you charge for them?

Denise, this will be the first shower you ever attend where you don't even have to brush your teeth or wear a bra.

the mccollums... said...

ahh...what a great day you had!! I love the chocolate covered strawberries...yum and the purse too, so cute! You have the best friends in the world...and so sweet to send you gifts in the mail! Denise, I'm the jamie from Team India but not the Jamie with the precious little girl, Addyson. :) Though I do love that name, I'll have to add that to my "baby name list" for one day! :)

Noel said...

I wonder how Jaime knew you wanted that bag .... hmmm ... you must have a really nice sister or something!