Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

The whole Brewer family (and extended family) went to Smith Mountain Lake for the Labor Day weekend. We all enjoyed our first visit to my sisters new lake house. It was crazy and loud, but so much fun to have all the family together.

Adam is now obsessed with fishing. He loves it and talkes about it all the time. However he was concerned to learn that the worms he was putting on his hook would die once the fish ate them. Not sure what exactly he thought was going to happen to them.
Bentley, Adam & Pat on the Jet Ski

Check this out! My BIL Pat got this blow up Pirate Pool set at Big Lots for $7.50!!! Thats right! It was originally $45! He is a bargain shopper. It was a HIT and the boys played with it for 2 days straight. It came with the inflateable pool, a slide and so many extra accessories. Swords, shields, treasure chest, cannon balls and alot more. If you have boys and they love pirates, RUN to Big Lots and get yours. I already went to ours and bought 4 of them. Good gifts.

Colin, Jenny, Gracie & Elizabeth in the boat.

My baby brother Josh...not a baby anymore. College freshman. Oh Yeah!

Gracie, my cousins little girl. "Dont laugh at me"! Dont you love the Shamu visor she found with the boys beach toys? She loved it! But dont laugh at her or she will cry :)

4 comments:

Donna said...

Okay, I cannot believe how big Josh is?!!! That's sad. I still remember babysitting him with Dolly and he was obsessed with The Lion King. We kept telling him that Scar was good and Simba was bad. And he would say "nah ahh!" I hope we didn't scar him too much!

Your weekend at the lake looked fun. I may have to go by Big Lots tomorrow!!

Dolly said...

Good post Nikki! Looks like ya'll had a nice weekend together. Nothing like being at the lake on a holiday! By the way, Adam is ripped! That boy must eat his vegi's.

I can't believe Josh is a college Freshman either. I remember teasing him about Scar on Lion King too. We were bad girls!

Denise said...

So, uuummm, Nikki, Harry Jack and Dan Dan both have a birthday coming up. We would love to invite you...Adam...Mark to the party. My boys love pirates! Gotta gift?

Just kidding. Way to be a P31.

Elizabeth has not changed a bit!

jday said...

That is such a cute picture of Adam!

The pirate blow up looks great- good babysitter, huh??